Colorful Half Square Triangle Quilt
47 minutes ago
Herbed Cornbread, Bacon, Cheese, and Wild Rice Stuffing
AKA Aunt Louann’s Stuffing
(Enough for 20-pound bird or 2 9×13 pans)
½ pound bacon, chopped into small pieces
2 cups chopped onion
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 box Mrs. Cubbison’s Cube Stuffing
1 box Mrs. Cubbison’s Cornbread Stuffing
1 box Mrs. Cubbison’s Classic Stuffing
2 ¼ cups butter
4 cups broth
1 cup cooked wild rice (or 1 packet of Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Ready Rice)
1 ½ cups cubed cheddar cheese (1/4” cubes)
1. Fry bacon in large saucepan until done. Use slotted spoon to remove bacon onto paper towel. Reserve drippings.
2. Saute vegetables in bacon drippings and ½ cup butter until transparent. Combine vegetables with stuffing.
3. Melt remaining butter and pour over stuffing mix. Pour broth over stuffing mix.4. Add cooked wild rice and cheddar cheese and combine carefully. Stuff in bird immediately before roasting, or cook in casserole dish according to box instructions.
(1) You can also use 2 of the 3 stuffing mixes instead of all three; adjust butter and liquid accordingly, using the preparation instructions as a guide.
(2) If stuffing in a bird, decrease the liquid amount to 3 cups or so.
(3) You can also increase butter to as much as 3 cups; liquid should be decreased accordingly.
(4) Finally, increase the bacon to 1 pound for even larger recipes.
Tried it..loved it..so good, I normally do not like stuffing but this was yummy..try it..