Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie..


My friend was helping her daughter with a new baby and some nice person brought dinner to them and it was this Pot Pie and she Raved about it so I was excited when she shared it..
I made it when it was cold and rainy a few days ago, so I thought I'd better share it before it got too hot, but I think Im still to late, but crank up the air conditioner and try it..it is perfect for sharing..super quick and easy..I have wanted to take dinner to a couple of neighbors, one who just had a baby and one who just had  a scary surgery.. So it was perfect..I used already made pie crust but if you have that talent to make homemade..go for it..and I wish I was you! Have not mastered that one yet, But Jerry wants me to keep practicing!!


Chicken Pot Pie
Preheat oven 350 degrees

1 Package of Pillsbury ready made pie crust
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of potato soup
4 oz. of cream cheese softened
1 can Veg-All (15 oz. can)
2 cups of cooked and cut up chicken ( I use the rotisserie cooked chicken and just de-bone it and cut it up)

Mix in Bowl
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of potato soup
4 oz. cream cheese
Mix together until smooth and creamy

Add to mixture:
1 15 oz. can of Veg All drained and 2 cups of the cut up chicken
Fold in careful not to smash the vegetables.
Put one layer of pie crust on the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate
then add the ingredients.. Place remaining pie crust over the top and fold under the edge and crimp with a fork.  Cut
slits in the top for ventilation and brush with beaten egg white.
Cook for 55-60 min 350 degree oven
Man that was easy, Love comfort food!