Berry + Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries
5 hours ago
Herbed Cornbread, Bacon, Cheese, and Wild Rice Stuffing
AKA Aunt Louann’s Stuffing
(Enough for 20-pound bird or 2 9×13 pans)
½ pound bacon, chopped into small pieces
2 cups chopped onion
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 box Mrs. Cubbison’s Cube Stuffing
1 box Mrs. Cubbison’s Cornbread Stuffing
1 box Mrs. Cubbison’s Classic Stuffing
2 ¼ cups butter
4 cups broth
1 cup cooked wild rice (or 1 packet of Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Ready Rice)
1 ½ cups cubed cheddar cheese (1/4” cubes)
1. Fry bacon in large saucepan until done. Use slotted spoon to remove bacon onto paper towel. Reserve drippings.
2. Saute vegetables in bacon drippings and ½ cup butter until transparent. Combine vegetables with stuffing.
3. Melt remaining butter and pour over stuffing mix. Pour broth over stuffing mix.4. Add cooked wild rice and cheddar cheese and combine carefully. Stuff in bird immediately before roasting, or cook in casserole dish according to box instructions.
(1) You can also use 2 of the 3 stuffing mixes instead of all three; adjust butter and liquid accordingly, using the preparation instructions as a guide.
(2) If stuffing in a bird, decrease the liquid amount to 3 cups or so.
(3) You can also increase butter to as much as 3 cups; liquid should be decreased accordingly.
(4) Finally, increase the bacon to 1 pound for even larger recipes.
Tried it..loved it..so good, I normally do not like stuffing but this was yummy..try it..
|A few years ago my sweet niece put together a Lawson Family Cookbook , everyone sent in their family favorite recipes and my other sweet niece sent this one in..it is so easy and soo good!!|
You won't be disappointed..
6 chicken breasts (I used chicken thighs)
1 jar apricot jelly
1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
1 sm. Catalina dressing
Mix last three ingredients in 13x9 pan, Add chicken and coat in sauce. Bake at 350 degrees uncovered until chicken is cooked 20-30 minutes. Serve over Rice
|If you love Patty Melts like I love Patty Melts, you are going to thank me for posting this recipe from the Pioneer women..she knows what she's doing and you can trust me when I say..this is YUMMY for your TUMMY..|
|If you love Rice Krispy Squares you'll love this recipe:|
you don't even have to be a coconut fan..
all you do is replace the butter to coconut oil and it gives it a different taste..a bit creamer texture.
Josh doesn't like the taste of coconut and when he tasted one, he said "what is different" to which I replied "different good or bad?" Good he said ..success, I didn't tell him my secret ingredient.
I have purchased my coconut oil at amazon but now buy it at trader joes, but look in any health food store and you should have no problem finding it, I buy 2 bottles because I use one for cooking and one as a moisturizer, make up remover, massage oil, foot cream, I love this stuff, it smell wonderful and it makes your skin soft..So go buy two, you'll be happy you did, you can replace any recipe with butter or oil for coconut oil, even frying with it..just experiment with different recipes. ENJOY!
3 T. Coconut Oil
1 Package (10oz, about 40) regular marshmallows, or 4 cups miniature marshmallows.
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Melt coconut oil and Marshmallows on low heat, Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Mix in Rice Krispies cereal, Stir until well coated
Spread the mixture using a buttered spatula or waxed paper evenly into a 13x9x2 pan coated with cooking spray.
Cut into 2 inch squares when cool
Best if served the same day or store in air tight container for 2 days.
California Egg Casserole
3-4 cups shredded Jack cheese (I used two cups)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
2 large avocados, cubed
3/4 cup green onions, diced
8 oz cream cheese cut into small chunks
3/4 cup milk
Optional : Italian chicken sausage, cooked and cut into chunks. Another friend tired diced ham and said it was really yummy. Cooked chopped bacon would also be a nice addition.
Prepare 9×13 dish with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix eggs with milk, beat well.
Layer 2 cups Jack cheese and 1 cup cheddar in bottom of dish (I only did the two cups Jack cheese). Layer remaining ingredients: avocados, tomatoes, green onions, cream cheese. Cover with remaining cheese and cover all with egg/milk mixture. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy
Thanks Skip to my Lou..looks yummy!
Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes
Yield: 6 large pancakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
1. First, make the cinnamon streusel. In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Mix together with your hands or a fork, until you have a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not over mix, batter will be slightly lumpy.
3. Heat a griddle or pan to medium low. Coat with cooking spray. Drop 1 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon streusel. Cook on the first side until bubbles begin to form, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip pancake over and cover very generously with cinnamon streusel. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Continue this process to make the rest of the pancakes.
4. Serve warm with maple syrup and butter.