|You can bet I'll be making this..|
Makes about 8 cups
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels (makes about 6 cups popped)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- *optional 2-3 cups chopped Whatchamacallit candy bars
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 250°
- Line a large jelly roll or roasting pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl make your popcorn in an airpopper popcorn maker. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil and let boil on medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter caramel over top the popcorn and before mixing sprinkle the Rice Krispie cereal on top.
- THEN mix everything together, making sure the popcorn and cereal get coated in mixture.
- Spread popcorn into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- When popcorn is done spread it out onto a parchment lined counter to cool, breaking apart large pieces.
- Sprinkle chopped candy bars evenly over top.
- Melt chocolate chips in a heavy zip-top container in 30 second increments, squeezing after each, until melted. Snip off the end of the bag and drizzle over top popcorn and candy bars.
- Allow chocolate to set completely.
store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.