- 2 can(s) (16 oz each) lowfat refried black or pinto beans
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) hot Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 3 large plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) thick and chunky salsa
- 1 cup(s) (4 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 ripe Hass avocados
- 3 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced red onion
- 2 large jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) reduced fat sour cream
- Decoration: a clean plastic toy spider
- Serve with: blue, yellow, red corn tortilla chips
- Make Bean Layer: Scrape the mixture onto a 12- to 14-in. round serving plate and smooth into a 10-in. circle with a spatula. Arrange tomato slices around edge of bean layer to make a border.
- Make Middle Layer: Drain salsa in a strainer to get rid of excess juice. Spread over bean mixture, leaving some of the bean layer showing around the edge. Sprinkle cheese over salsa, leaving some of the salsa layer showing.
- Make Guacamole Layer: Halve avocados; remove seeds and spoon flesh into a medium bowl. Add lime juice, onion, jalapeños and salt, and mash until fairly smooth. Spoon over cheese layer and spread into an even layer.
- Make Web: Place sour cream in a ziptop bag; seal bag and snip a small tip off one corner. Pipe a spiderweb design over guacamole and onto the plate. Decorate with toy spider. Serve with tortilla chips.