Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rhubarb Pie



I can't lie..I thought about it..But I bought my Crust at Trader Joes, it was fantastic..super flaky and moist..
Grandma Peck's Rhubarb Pie:

4 cups Rhubarb sliced..I peeled the dark red skin off..not sure if you have to but I think it makes it tough..about a pound of Rhubarb..
Mix:
1 1/3 -2 cups Sugar, I used 2 cups but I think I'd bring it down to 1 3/4..2 cups was a little too sweet
6 T. Flour

Mix Lightly, Pour into pie pan lined with uncooked pie crust.. now dot with about a Tablespoon of butter, cut up.. Put top crust on, slit top and lightly sprinkle with sugar..Bake 425 degrees for 40-50 min or until you see the filling bubbling..it only took about 35 min. in my oven and make sure you put tinfoil down in your oven as it spills over and makes a mess..
Easiest Pie I have ever made..and will be making more since it is in season.