Prep: 5 minutes Chill: 30 minutes Freeze: at least 2 hours Cook: 2 minutes
Servings Per Recipe 12 filled chocolate cups
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat (g) 15
Cholesterol (mg) 48
Sodium (mg) 40
Carbohydrate (g) 39
Fiber (g) 4
Protein (g) 3
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken up (see Note)
1 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening
12 paper or silicone cupcake liners
12 scoops assorted ice cream and sherbet flavors
Chocolate curls, citrus curls or fresh fruit, to garnish
1. Melt chocolate and shortening a medium-size microwave-safe bowl on high in microwave oven for 2 minutes, stirring halfway. Stir until smooth.
2. Using a small clean brush, spread about 2 teaspoons melted chocolate into bottom and up side of each cup. Chill cups until firm, about 10 minutes, reserving any extra chocolate.
3. Remove cups from refrigerator. Re-melt remaining chocolate in microwave for 20 seconds, if necessary. Reinforce any weak spots inside cups (especially near the rim) with melted chocolate. Return to refrigerator to set, about 20 minutes. (Cups can be prepared up to 2 days ahead; refrigerate loosely covered with plastic wrap or foil.)
4. To remove chocolate cups from paper liners: Loosen a top edge and peel paper away (it will rip apart, but still come off cleanly). For silicone liners: Pop out of liners by gently pressing on bottom of cups, and pulling away side of liner from chocolate shell.
5. To serve: Scoop 1 generous scoop ice cream or sherbet into each chocolate cup (cups can be filled several hours ahead and frozen, covered). Immediately before serving, garnish with chocolate curls, citrus curls or fresh fruit, if desired. Note: You may substitute milk or white chocolate for semisweet, depending on flavor preferences.
Im just a girl who grew up to be a wife and mother, who now likes to make people happy with fun and pretty food..so this is where the fun begins..I love my life, I love my family, I love my friends and I love that I know who I am and where I came from..I know this story will end Happily Ever After and that's all Im asking for..