Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pink Lemonade cake and Lemonade stands..

Pink Lemonade Cake:

1 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature

1 1/4 C sugar

1/2 C Country Time Pink Lemonade Drink Mix

3 eggs, room temperature

1 Tbsp. soy flour (or you could add one additional egg) I bought the soy flour in the bulk food section at Winco

1 tsp pure lemon extract

4 C cake flour

4 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp sea salt

2 1/2 C buttermilk

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 (9 inch) round cake pans with baking spray with flour. Beat butter, sugar and ry drink mix at medium speed until fluffy.

Add eggs and lemon extract.

In a separate bowl combine cake flour, baking powder and salt Add dry mix with butter mix. Mix and add buttermilk. Spoon batter into prepared pans.

Bake for 24-30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cook in pans for 10 minutes and remove from pans and let cool.

Frost with your favorite buttercream frosting. For a little extra lemon flavor I put a couple of tablespoons of lemon into the frosting I used between the layers. I used just regular buttercream to frost the outside of the cake.

Recipe from one of my favorite blogs..Homebased Mom


Lemonade stands will never go out of style, I did it, my kids did it and it will always makes me smile when I see one, I always stop and buy one..some I drink some I don't but its the joy I see on the kids faces when I stop that keeps me doing it..you don't see them much anymore, unfortunately we live in a different time, a time that our kids aren't as safe as they use to be..but I hope there will always be lemonade stands to make me smile..

Good Water

5 quarts water

3 C sugar

1 Tbsp lemon extract

1 Tbsp citric acid (you can find this at Health food stores)

3 sliced lemons

1/2 pkg of ice

Mix ingredients together in a large container. Serves 30