Friday, June 17, 2011

Raisin Cinnamon Cake Bar

A food Photographer, I am not..sorry I did put the apple measuring spoons there for cuteness..did it work?
this recipe is one of my favorites..it comes from my moms recipes, I remember her making this a lot on Sunday's, which was our usual dessert day..Even if  you don't like raisins in things I bet you'll like this one..its moist and cinnamony..(is that a word?) anyway you say it, its good..


Raisin Cake Bar
Preheat oven to 350
Boil 1 cup raisins in 1 1/2 cups water for 5 min. Drain save liquid.
Cream:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
then add:
1 egg mix well
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Dissolve 1 tsp. baking soda in 3/4 c. raisin liquid
then add 1 tsp vanilla
Pour into batter and stir well till all mixed together it will be a bit sticky, then add the boiled raisins, fold into batter till mixed in well.
Bake on  9x13 cookie sheet, I use my Texas size cookie sheet, its bigger i think it more like 10x15 and I double the recipe as I like it a bit thicker , more cake like..
Cook at 350 for 15-20 min. or until knife comes out clean in middle
After cooling drizzle powder sugar frosting on top. Simple just 2 cups of powdered sugar and enough milk about (1/8 cup) and about a tsp. of vanilla extract or you could use almond, just make it thin enough to drizzle

(as you can see in my picture I did more then drizzle, we like lots of frosting)