Taste: The combination of cookies and cream is a near perfect pair.
Texture: The Oreo cookie on the bottom of each cupcake and the Oreo bits suspended inside creamy sweet cream cheese goodness are the best part of this treat.
Appearance: Cute, unique. May cause mouth to water.
Expense: Less than $5 for me.
Pros: These kept well in the fridge for several days.
Cons: This recipe reminded me of how much I like Oreos. Uh oh.
Would I make this again? Yes, most definitely.
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes
From Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
Makes 30 (Note: I halved this recipe and it was very easy, 30 of these cupcakes would surely be the death of me)
- 42 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.