Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Crock Pot meal..Hurry before it gets to hot for hot food..


This is one of my family's favorite recipes, its a stand by I have used since my early married days, because its easy, it cooks all day and it makes your house smell like what the word home would smell like if the word had a smell..

Hamburger Stew

6-7 potatoes or how ever many fill the bottom of your crock..mine is big so I use 7
5 carrots peeled and sliced..(I like to use baby carrots, just how many you like)
1 onion- I like red onions but you could do any kind you have on hand 1/2 bag frozen pea (again I add a little more, because I love peas)
1 1/2 pounds cooked Hamburger, Drained
2 stalks celery sliced
2 cans Tomato soup (you will be adding water also)

You will start to layer in order given, season between layers with seasoned salt (Lawerys seasoned salt, Garlic Salt what ever you like)
In mixing bowl mix 2 cans Tomato soup and 2 cans water and whisk till blended..pour over all.
Cook on low for 5-8 hours or High for 3-4
Serve with Garlic bread..

I made this Monday after it rained all day..it was perfect.