This is an easy meal (Just be careful chopping jalepeno's they can burn your eyes if you touch them after cutting, I learned that the hard way.)
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 1/2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim tortillas to fit a 9-inch springform pan or pie pan. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add beans and water to skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until liquid has almost evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in corn and green onions, and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fit a trimmed tortilla in bottom of springform pan; layer with 1/4 of the beans and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat three times, using 1 cup cheese on top layer. Bake until hot and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve into slices with sour cream, salsa, and olives if desired.