Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Garden Party and a Quiche


The tablecloths are from my Grandma Bloomquist when she passed away I was lucky enough to get them..I love them so much..The Tea set on the second picture is from my Grandma Peck, it has luncheon plates to go with it, my dad gave it to her when he was in the service many years ago as a young man, and she wanted me to have it..I loved my Grandma's..
The Spinach Quiche before going into the oven..

A few months ago we gave our Mia Maid girls names of Sisters in our ward as Secret pen pals and they have been writing back and forth, today they got to find out who they were, we had a little garden party, it was so fun to see how excited the girls were to find out who they had been writing..I made a super yummy Spinach Quiche from Paula Dean, I made one with Bacon and one without, It was a hit so I thought you might want to try it..

Spinach Quiche

Ingredients

  • 6 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
  • 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges