- 1 large onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 teaspoons horseradish
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 8 slices light whole-wheat bread (such as Pepperidge Farms)
- 12 slices (about 6 ounces) light ham (such as Healthy Ones)
- 4 slices (about 4 ounces) low-fat Swiss Cheese (such as Alpine Lace)
- 4 cups mixed greens (optional)
1. Coat a medium-size nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add onion, sugar and salt to skillet; cover. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until lightly browned; remove from heat.
2. Stir together mustard, horseradish and honey; set aside.
3. Spread 4 slices of bread evenly with mustard mixture, then layer 3 slices ham over each piece of bread. Place about 2 tablespoons onions on top of the ham, then place 1 slice cheese on top of the onions. Place 4 remaining bread slices over cheese.
4. Spritz both sides of sandwich with nonstick cooking spray and cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese has melted, turning halfway through. Serve with mixed greens on the side, if desired.
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 crunchy fish fillets (such as Gorton's)
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 container purchased fresh salsa (optional)
1. Heat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, stir together the lettuce, mayonnaise and lime juice; set aside.
2. Bake fish at 425° according to package directions. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven for final 10 minutes of cook time. Remove fish from oven and cut each fillet into 6 chunks.
3. Microwave corn for 1 minute. Place 3 to 4 pieces of fish in each tortilla and top with about 2 tablespoons lettuce mixture and 1 tablespoon of corn.
4. Serve tacos with salsa, if desired.
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2-1/2 cups frozen bell pepper blend (such as Birds Eye Pepper Stir Fry)
- 1 pound extra-lean beef
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce
1. Remove 12 small bowl-shaped leaves from head of lettuce; rinse and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and ginger for 30 seconds. Stir in peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add beef and cook for 5 minutes. Drain off any accumulated fat in the pan.
3. Stir in stir-fry sauce and cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture into each lettuce cup and serve.